The Junior League of Lubbock, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The purpose of the volunteer shift request program is to provide volunteer efforts within the community that mirror the mission statement of the Junior League of Lubbock. When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals due to the lack of manpower, this volunteer shift request program provides a dedicated group of Junior League of Lubbock volunteers to work on short-term projects/events.
1. All volunteer shift requests must be submitted to the Junior League of Lubbock a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to the event.
2. The Community Focus Area Chair will notify each agency requesting assistance of receipt of this application within five (5) business days.
3. Each application will be reviewed by the Community Focus Area Chair to ensure it meets all criteria listed below.
4. Once approved, the Community Focus Area Chair will serve as the liaison between the Junior League of Lubbock and the agency regarding scheduling, volunteer needs and volunteer numbers. She may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. There are no guarantees for the requested number of volunteers. The Community Focus Area Chair will communicate with the requesting agency 48 hours prior to the shift(s) regarding volunteer numbers.
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. All agencies must have a 501(c)(3) tax designation, or be a governmental entity in Lubbock county. All other groups, organizations, and businesses with other tax designations may not apply on their own behalf or on the behalf of another charitable 501(c)(3). A copy of the 501(c)(3) Designation Letter is required.
2. Projects must meet a community need with clearly stated goals.
3. Projects must embrace the spirit of the Junior League of Lubbock’s mission statement.
4. Agency must provide proof of commercial liability insurance coverage.
5. Each volunteer shift must be in 3-hour increments. Any required training must be included in the 3-hour time increment. Projects may not involve Junior League of Lubbock’s volunteers in any fundraising, medical research, political or religious matters.
6. Prohibited fundraising activities include any pro-active, external solicitation of funds or resources for an organization other than the Junior League of Lubbock, or solicitation within an organization’s event (such as walking around and approaching guests for the purpose of selling tickets or items). Fundraising activities which may be approved by the Community Focus Area Chair only include activities at an organization’s event in which a JLL volunteer mans an area to sell tickets or other items as approved by the Community Focus Area chair. Examples include a ticket table at an event, t-shirt or other item sales, etc.
7. Third party fundraiser shifts will not be approved (for example, a for-profit agency will split the proceeds of an event with a charity and need volunteers to man booths or work in exchange for funding).
8. No Junior League of Lubbock financial assistance will be provided through volunteer shift efforts.
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.